(The following links will direct you to the Legislative Research Commission's Website and away from this site. Please use your back browser button to return to the CMRS Board website.)
CMRS Carrier Cost Recovery
CMRS Surcharge Remittance and Reporting
Carrier Required Reporting
- Report and remit surcharge for active CMRS connections via EFT system according to 202 KAR 6:080. More information on the EFT system can be found Here.
- Quarterly report of CMRS Connections in a Zip Code:
According to 202 KAR 6:080 Section 2, Each provider or reseller shall submit to the CMRS Board a quarterly report of the number of CMRS connections served by them. Each provider or reseller shall list for each zip code that is at least partially in Kentucky, the number of CMRS connections for the months of March, June, September, and December. Although this is a quarterly report, the provider or reseller should only report connections for the actual month of March, June, September and December not for the entire quarter. The report is due at the CMRS Board office no later than sixty (60) days following the end of the reporting month.
- The report shall be sorted by zip code and submitted as an excel spreadsheet.
A reseller shall include:
- A list of the CMRS providers on whose network they resell service and,
- The number of CMRS connections on each network.
Providers report of Resellers of CMRS Service
- Pursuant to 202 KAR 6:080 section 3, A provider who contracts with a reseller of wireless service shall submit to the CMRS Board a quarterly report listing each vendor reselling wireless service on the provider's network.
The quarterly report shall:
- Be submitted no later than sixty (60) days after the end of the calendar months of March, June, September, and December;
Include the reseller's:
- Business name
- Business address
- Contact Person
- Telephone Numbers and
- E-mail address
- Include, if the network provider has a cost recovery plan based on number of subscribers, the number of CMRS connections receiving service on the providers network and billed by the listed reseller.
- Pursuant to 202 KAR 6:020 a wireless provider can file a cost recovery plan with the CMRS Board in order to receive reimbursement for Non Recurring Costs (NRC's) and Recurring Costs (RC's).
Claims for Reimbursement
- After a cost recovery plan is approved, a carrier may file a claim for reimbursement by submitting a sworn paid invoice for actual costs.